Friday, November 25, 2022

A New Quilt

 Twelve years ago, I wrote about how an old quilt made me cry as our full and busy home became an empty nest. That quilt was powerfully symbolic. It spoke of my love for the mountains, and of how I shared that love with my children and passed it on to them.

Around that time, my sweet wife started making another quilt for me -- another quilt covered with images of mountains and trees and lakes and sky. Life got in the way, and it took her until today to finish it. This quilt also carries powerful symbolism, but it's not just symbolic of my love for the mountains. It's symbolic of a woman's love and devotion in the face of all obstacles.

I'm a very lucky man, and I know it.



AND THEN, AND THEN:

She had leftover fabric, so she made two pillowcases to match the blanket!




No comments: