Wednesday, September 27, 2017

I hope Trump will be remembered for this

When the history of this decade is written, I hope people will remember that while Puerto Rico was struggling in the aftermath of a Category 4 hurricane, President Donald Trump spent four days obsessing over professional football players who wouldn't stand during the playing of the National Anthem. Not until nine days after the storm hit, did he start taking any action to help Puerto Rico, and even then he spent way too much time patting himself and his buddies on the back and not really doing anything.

I know he's planning to visit Puerto Rico more than two weeks after the storm hit the U.S. territory, but:

1. I think he's being forced into it. His advisers are making him do it.
2. He really doesn't care about Puerto Rico. It's not on his radar.
3. The whole time he's there, he will be thinking, "Why am I doing this? This is a waste of time. And this place is a dump. Let's get out of here."


No comments: