Monday, November 27, 2017

Arduino Project One: More about that Hall effect sensor

Well, I've spent my spare time today doing more research into using Hall effect sensors as proximity sensors. Sometimes you just have to know which questions to ask and how to ask them.

It turns out that the SparkFun ACS712 product may be overkill, or else the wrong part for the job. What I really need are a one-dollar sensor and a ten-cent resistor. This article tells how to do it: https://diyhacking.com/arduino-hall-effect-sensor-tutorial/ .

The AH3364Q-P-A, from Diodes Inc.


Better yet, here's a sensor that's all ready to go:





It's available from Digi-key, Newark/Element14 or Amazon for about $14.



I'm going to see if I can bend one of the SparkFun boards to my will, since I already have them. If I can't, then  I'll place an order for the parts I need.

You live and you learn.

To read the other postings about this project, click here and scroll to the end.

No comments: