Friday, November 4, 2011

Dear Congressman: The Whole World is Watching, and They Know You're Going to Fail

I sat down this morning to write an article about the next budgetary challenge facing the Congress of the United States.  Once again, they have the chance to prove how fiscally irresponsible, and politically hopeless, they are.  The Supercommittee's first deadline, November 23, is only three weeks away, but five days before that, the Congress has to pass the 2012 budget.  You and I both know how that's going to turn out, right?

Anyway, I was going to give you an analysis of the situation, when I ran across an article online.  The article appeared on yahoo.com, and it was written by Jay Newton-Small, of Time.com.  Jay says exactly what I was going to say - even with my voice, right down to the "You gotta love" near the end.  It's as if I discovered a kindred spirit.  If I get the author's approval, I'll reprint the whole article here.  For now, here's the link to the article.

As Congress Squabbles, Another Shutdown Looms

Read and enjoy.

No comments: